As of September 1st, 2011, the Ross Park/Playground has re-opened. I don’t know when the official “open house” will be, but everything is open and ready for playing. And tonight there were at least 20 people enjoying the park late into the evening.
Find out more about Ross Park/Playground right here on the Best Seattle Parks website.
There are tons of things to climb on, and a lot of unique new features including:
- Spider web-like climbing net
- Great sounding ringing bells
- A rather precarious slide for the very young (but interesting for kids old enough).
- The always popular sandbox
- Asymmetrical basketball court
- 4 new swings (although a bit shorter than before)
The crowds will probably pick up a bit as people check out all the new equipment and take advantage of the expanded picnic options.
Find out more about Ross Park/Playground right here on Best Seattle Parks.